Okay this I’d actually eat every day for a week. It’s light, refreshing, and has just the right amount of flavor. The star of the dish is definitely the avocado salsa cause the chicken is nothing without it, but it goes really well with the charred flavor you get from using an actual BBQ grill. I’m not very experienced cooking over open flame BBQ’s and I forgot my meat thermometer so it came out dry but I’ll get it right next time.. or just opt to use my George Foreman grill lol. This is going to be one of my staples for meal prep now because it’s on the healthy side and it’s not bland like most chicken breast meal prep recipes, I’d even do this for keto/paleo. It’s perfect for weight loss: low in calories, high in protein, and it has avocados! Low in carbs, high in fiber, full of potassium, healthy fats, and other health benefits. I didn’t change much from the original recipe besides double the portion to make enough for a week so I’ll post the updated recipe here. Serves 5-6.
- 4-5 lbs boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup lime juice (about 2 fat limes)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 avocados, diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, diced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- salt to taste
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup of lime juice, olive oil, 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, ground cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Whisk until mixed.
- Add chicken and marinade in a large ziploc bag. Let chicken marinade for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat (about 400 degrees). Place chicken on grill and grill each side for 4-6 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat and let it rest.
- To make the avocado salsa: add avocado, ½ cup fresh cilantro, 3 tablespoons lime juice, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, garlic clove, and salt to a small bowl. Gently toss to mix.
- Top Cilantro Lime Chicken with fresh Avocado Salsa.
- For meal prep: I paired this with oven roasted asparagus, zucchini, and mushrooms. Filling and keto/paleo friendly 🙂