Original Recipe: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/241001/crispy-honey-sriracha-chicken-wings/
Ingredients (doubled the original recipe, serves 8-10)
- 4 tbsp baking powder
- 1.5 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 5 lbs chicken wings
Honey Sriracha Glaze:
- 1/3 cup + 1/4 cup honey
- 2/3rd cup sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- Pinch of sesame seeds
- Green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place an oven-proof wire rack over the foil.
- Whisk baking powder, salt, black pepper, and paprika together in a small bowl. Place chicken wings in a large bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 of the baking powder mixture over wings and toss to coat. Sprinkle remaining baking powder mixture over wings and toss to coat again. Place wings onto the rack of the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn wings and continue baking for 20 minutes. Turn wings again and bake until wings are browned and crispy, about 15 minutes more. Transfer wings to a large bowl.
- Whisk honey, sriracha sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil together in a bowl until glaze is smooth. Drizzle glaze over wings and toss to coat completely. Transfer wings to a serving platter and sprinkle sesame seeds over the top.
I actually doubled the recipe cause I was cooking for my family but I made a couple changes from the original recipe. Instead of using 2/3rd cup honey I kept it to 1/3 cup + 1/4 cup. It was a little salty for my taste too so for double the original recipe instead of 2 tbsp I’d probably just do 1 1/2. Also added more sesame oil and green onion for garnish.